Caribe Shuttle San Juan del Sur to Bocas del Toro
- Duration: 2 Days (approx.)
Our shuttle will pick you up at your hotel in San Juan and take you to the border with Costa Rica. There, a guide will assist you with the immigration process out of Nicaragua and in to Costa Rica. Another van will be waiting to continue your journey on the Costa Rica side to Arenal. There will be a 1 hour stop for lunch (Not included). From there we will drive directly to Puerto Viejo. There you will stay one night at the famed Rocking J's (or similar) in a dorm style room. You can add another night in Puerto Viejo if you wish when making your reservation.
The next morning the shuttle will pick you up and take you to the border with Costa Rica. There a guide will help you through the immigration process out of Costa Rica and into Panama. From there a shuttle will take you to Almirante where you will take a 30 minute boat ride to Bocas Town.
6:00 am to 6:30 am: San Juan hotel pick ups
6:30 am to 7:10 am: Travel to the border
7:10 am to 8:10 am: Border crossing
8:10 am to 9:15 pm: Travel to Liberia (Stop at Best Western El Sitio)
9:15 pm to 9:30 pm: Snack/bathroom break (Switch vans)
9:30 pm to 12:30 pm: Travel to Arenal
12:30 pm to 1:00 pm: Stop for lunch in La Fortuna (Included)
1:00 pm to 3:15 pm: Travel to Sarapiqui (Bathroom break/Switch vans)
3:30 pm to 6:30 pm: Travel to Puerto Viejo
6:30 pm to 7:00 pm: Hotel drop offs
8:00 am to 8:30 am: Puerto Viejo hotel pick ups
8:30 am to 9:30 am: Travel to the border with Panama
9:30 am to 10:30 am: Border crossing
11:30 am to 12:30 pm: Travel to Almirante (Panama time is 1 hour ahead)
12:30 pm to 1:00 pm: Travel by boat to Bocas Town
- IMPORTANT NOTES:
- We will make a 10 minute pit stop in Liberia, and Sarapiqui to switch vans.
- We will make a 30 minute stop in Arenal for you to eat lunch. (Included)
- There is a $3 fee to exit Nicaragua. This fee is NOT included in the ticket price.
- There is an $8 fee to exit Costa Rica and a $4 fee to enter Panama. These fees are NOT included in the ticket price.
- Price includes 1 nights stay at Rocking J's Hammock Hostel (Or similar) in Dorm style accommodations.
- Please have your passport, and printed flight itinerary with you for immigration officials checking in to Costa Rica and Panama. Your flight can be from anywhere in Central America back to your home country. Both Costa Rica and Panama only accepts flight itineraries at this time (NO BUS tickets).
- Pick-up time is an estimate and may vary by 15 minutes either direction. Clients should be waiting at the assigned pick up point 15 minutes before the assigned pick-up time. The shuttle will wait for clients a maximum of 5 minutes. If after that waiting period the client is not on board, the shuttle will leave without the client and the client will NOT receive a refund.
- You are allowed to bring 1 large bag or backpack and 1 carry on size (computer bag) per person.
- There is a $20 fee for each extra piece of luggage, odd or over size/weight luggage, surfboard bag (max. 9’).